Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

report about Chickens

My report is going to tell you about Chickens. Did you know they can live for a long time, between 5-10 years. In this report I’ll tell you more interesting facts, like what they look like, what they eat, where they love and all about their predators.


Chickens have many different physical characteristics.

Some Chickens have white, brown or black feathers and sometimes even striped feathers. Chickens have red combs and very small heads. The roosters are the male birds and the hens are the female birds.


Chickens eat lots of different types of food.

Chickens eat slugs and snails, worms, insects and other little insects. Chickens need grain, most farmers buy sacks of food mix for their chickens to eat and also chickens eat a variety of vegetables.


Chickens live in lots of different habitats. Some chickens live in backyards and farms. Sometimes they live  in lower brunches and feed areas and sheds. Chicken houses need to be clean because if it's dirty they might get sick


Chickens have lots of predators. Their predators are cats, dogs, bobcats and even foxes, sometimes hawks and owls take them in the night. Also coyotes will hunt and kill chickens if they are left out unprotected at night time. Even other larger more aggressive birds will attack them.  



Chickens are amazing In this report you learnt that they have different colours, that they eat different insects, they live in different places and have predators. I hope you learnt something new about chickens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!